Our Hard Wax Oil is a great natural alternative to finishing your wood floors or furniture with polyurethane. Hard Wax Oil produces a satin finish that is durable, low in odor and can be easily spot repaired. Unearthed Hard Wax Oil is "pure solids," which means it contains absolutely no solvents or water. This premium wood finish is made by melting Carnauba Wax and colophonium resin into a mixture of linseed oil and tung oil. Linseed oil ensures a deep penetration of even the smallest wood pores due to small molecule size and a long processing time.
For each 2.5 liter can we sell, we protect 420 square feet of rain forest.
- Linseed oil
- Carnauba wax
- Tung oil
- Linseed oil -stand oil
- Tung oil - stand oil
- Colophonium glycerine ester
- Lead-free drying agents.
- Apply to untreated, clean, neutral surface
- Average coverage amount is 420 sq. ft. per 2.5 liters
- Most surfaces require one coat
- Room temperature must be at least 50 degrees
- Long "open" processing time
- Silky, transparent matte finish that emphasizes the color of the wood
- Easy spot repair
- Durable, dirt and water repellent
- Not recommended for humid rooms
- Use our Carnauba Wax Emulsion to help maintain your floors
SAFETY WARNING! Cloths containing Hard Wax Oil can self-ignite. Allow drenched cloths to dry in a fire-safe location such as a closed, fire-proof container (glass or tin can). Ensure that Hard Wax Oil does not come into contact with porous or absorbent insulation materials, and never pour Hard Wax Oil onto a floor because there is a risk that it could seep into insulation material and self ignite.